what you get by joining
- Membership in the Financial Planning Association and the Minnesota Chapter
- Connect with the top financial planning professionals in Minnesota and throughout the U.S.
- Share ideas and techniques you can put to work in your own business
- Access to top-notch continuing education classes and seminars
- Participate in public relations and consumer events
- Stay up-to-date on news about legislative/regulatory issues that affect your profession
- Discounts on some very competitive and popular retail business services
what are my costs
- Individual Membership categories ranging from $39 - $470 per year
- Continuing Education Chapter Meetings - 6 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 afternoons including networking socials - at $40 each or $249 for a Chapter Meeting Season Pass; most meetings include up to 2 hours CE credit for CFP®, MN insurance licensees, CIMA, NASBA/CPE, and CLE. All Season Pass holders will receive a complimentary copy of the annual recorded sessions.
- Members may purchase an Annual Webinar Season Pass for $149. Enjoy full access to the Virtual Learning Center library of chapter meeting videos. CFP and CIMA continuing education are available for recorded sessions.
- Annual 2-day Symposium with up to 14 CEs ranging from $369 - $469
- Save $25 on your next renewal by Referring A Colleague and earn an additional $30 towards FPA of MN activities
- A network of nearly 26,000 financial planning professionals
- Opportunities to develop relationships with colleagues and other financial experts
- Online community of resources and networking with other members through FPA Connect
- Monthly chapter meetings offering outstanding continuing education programs (CFP Board, Minnesota insurance, NASBA CPE, CFA, CDFA and CIMA, including expanded Code of Ethics program)
- Two day annual Symposium offering nationally known speakers and educational credits
- Nationally recognized conferences at substantial member discounts
- Career Development programs covering employment, CFP certification, internships, new planner online community and residency programs
- Practice management and business tools including Journal of Financial Planning, online information and networking services
- Strengthened advocacy and public awareness efforts to promote the value of financial planning and the CFP mark